Saturday 7 April 2012

My top spot for photography



A view at the mouth of the small river and the Sehor da Pedra chapel in Madalena, Portugal.


A story behind: This has always been one of my favorites spots for late afternoon photography. But as I hustled down there yesterday afternoon I had not expected to find such wonderful conditions. 
Is does not happen very frequently. In fact it happens only maybe a few days per year: a small lake made by the unnamed torrent being full from the rain we had a couple of last days ago combined with a high sea at the end of the day that pushes water from the ocean to the riverbed and the last, but most important and rare, no wind. 

I soon set up my D700 and 16-35. I added a polarizer and the 3-stop soft-step ND Reverse Grad to balance the exposure of the bright areas of the sky and water.



Gear:
Nikon D700. Nikkor 16-35 mm. Polarizer. 3-stop soft-step ND Reverse Grad.

Aperture:
f/20

Shutter speed:
4 sec

Exposure bias:
0 EV
Focal Length: 19 mm

ISO: 200



Place taken: Village of Madalena, Portugal.
 
Date Taken: Friday, April 6th, 2012, 20: 03

Maciek.

No comments:

Post a Comment