Monday 13 August 2012

The bridge in pink


A sunset over the Tag river, Lisbon, Portugal.


A story behind: We spent a couple of days in Lisbon. Going to the capital is always "such fun" ( please don´t laugh but I am a huge Miranda TV series fan ): new restaurants to discover ( Cantinho do Avillez was such a nice surprise ) and new places to explore ( Lx Factory ).  
Late afternoon I went to photograph the Vasco da Gama bridge. Took my full stop filter and had fun. The sunset was pinkish. Enjoy.

I try not to punch my photos with too much saturation so usually I downgrade the saturation by generally accepted rule of thumb 10-15%. Set the aperture at 18 to get most of the sharpness from my lenses. Full stop filter gave me a nice 260 seconds shutter speed.

PS. Selected for 1x.com link: http://1x.com/#!/photo/53412/portfolio/61948



Gear: Nikon D700. Nikkor 16-35 mm. Polarizer. 10-stop ND. Tripod.

Aperture:
f/18

Shutter speed:
264 sec

Exposure bias:
+0,3 EV

Focal Length: 16 mm

ISO: 50



Place taken: Lisbon, Portugal.
 
Date Taken: Friday, August 10th, 2012, 20: 32

Maciek.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice, clear composition. Enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. i love this shot. your black and white photos are amazing but i hope to see more like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Olesko: Thanks.
    .
    @Mina: I love crystal clear, sterilized, unadulterated and uncontaminated images.

    ReplyDelete